Monday 16 April 2007

A diva remembered

Another birthday we should all remember - today, the late, great Dusty Springfield would have been 68 years old.

The angelic voice of the former Ms Mary O'Brien still sounds as magnificent today as it ever was in her 1960s heyday.

I never tire of listening to classics like "I Close My Eyes And Count To Ten" or "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me" or "Son Of A Preacher Man", or her recordings with the Pet Shop Boys, or anything she did really.

Almost single-handedly responsible for championing the popularity of black soul music in the UK, such as that produced by Tamla Motown, we owe Dusty so much!

An all-time gay favourite, and a lesbian to boot! Oh! That hair, that eye make-up...



Dusty - we salute you!

Miss Springfield on the BBC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]