Friday 14 March 2008

Welcome to 28 Barbary Lane



"He’s not a strange man, Mom. He’s a homosexual.
I know you’ve heard of them. They have them on TV now!"
- Mary-Ann Singleton

What a fantastic bit of news! Jake Shears of the Scissor Sisters is writing the songs for a stage musical version of Armistead Maupin’s Tales of the City. The show is being produced on Broadway by the team behind the brilliant Avenue Q, and is set to open in 2009.

I’m so excited! I wonder who they will get to play Mrs Madrigal? Or Mouse? And what sort of song will they give Mary Ann to sing?

But, much like the recent musical version of Terrence McNally’s The Ritz, I bet it won’t cross the pond and get to the UK - we may never get to see what could prove to be one of the campest, gayest musicals to hit the stage!

Enjoy this classic clip from the first TV series...


Read the article on the BBC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]