Saturday 19 July 2008

You know, you come from nothing, you’re going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!



I often wondered what happened to the career of that wonderful Welsh singer/actress Sue Jones-Davies...

I remember Sue vividly as the "interloper" whose gravelly alcohol-fuelled vocals first added to, then ultimately destroyed the fictional band "The Little Ladies" in Rock Follies of 77. I was impressed with her voice then, and even more so when she appeared later in Victoria Wood's excellent sketch Keep on Shopping.

She famously appeared as the brilliantly-named Judith Iscariot, Brian's girlfriend in Life of Brian.

Bizarrely Sue is now the newly-elected Mayor of Aberystwyth(!) in West Wales, and her first action is to call for a lifting of the town's ban on the Monty Python film.

I'm not making this up, you know... Read the BBC article

Here's some of the memorable moments from Sue's career:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]