Wednesday 21 October 2009

New-fangled sounds

I am feeling in a musical mood today, as we warm up (not literally - it's bloody freezing!) for the hols.

So, just in case anyone labours under the misapprehension that my entire musical taste consists of long-dead big band singers, tacky Eurodisco, showtunes, New Romantics and obscure foreign divas (well, admittedly 99.9% of it does!), here are a few current tracks that have well and truly caught my ear...

Thanks to the weird and wacky people over at The Hospital Club for alerting me to the hypnotic charms of Vitalic:


Bizarrely (considering their usual mix of Madge, Sugababes and Taio Cruz remixes with hands-in-the-air handbaggy vocal house tracks on a loop), I first heard this marvellous new single on Gaydar Radio! The Editors seem to capture something very reminiscent of that early 80s sound - a hint of Classix Nouveaux maybe, or pre-pomp-rock Simple Minds perhaps...


Another surprising find on Gaydar Radio (I think someone is hitting the electro clubs lately - DJ Simon Le Vans, maybe?) is this magnificent remix of a newish song Plans by The Christophers. More than a hint of New Order here, I reckon...

[They currently have no video available so I just made this one quickly.]

Buy their EP from their website

And then there's this hypnotic remix of this choon by French artist Yelle, which I recently stumbled upon. Despite its hilarious video which features what appears to be three skinny lesbians emulating Mr C of the Shamen, once you get the hook into your head it is nigh-on impossible to shift it!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]