Wednesday 9 December 2009

I warn you about my secret I'm going to expose



Continuing our journey into the weirder side of music this week, I recently rediscovered the work of Sven Väth. [Indeed, I recently blogged about his collaboration with the brilliant Miss Kittin.]

Mr Väth was the brains behind one of my favourite obscure 80s bands OFF (acronym for Organisation for Fun) which released the brilliant Electrica Salsa in 1987. A formative influence, and still in my Top 30 all-time fave tunes today...


From that estimable height, he went on the pioneer the genre known as trance music across Europe, and remains one of Germany's most respected DJs to this day. I love his music, and his strangeness!

Here's just a little slice of the genius that is Sven Väth...



Sven Väth on Discogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]