Tuesday 5 January 2010

So just let me be myself. That's all I ask of you



Happy birthday today to the lovely actress, director, and producer Diane Keaton! You've come a long way, baby...

Starting out as an actress nude on stage in Hair, Miss Keaton made her breakthrough when she was cast alongside Al Pacino in The Godfather back in 1972. Her romantic and professional relationship with Woody Allen, however, made her massively popular and she won an Oscar for her role in Annie Hall. From that point on she was hugely in demand, with dramatic roles in movies such as Reds and Marvin's Room, and more "light comedy" roles in Father of the Bride, Something's Gotta Give and Baby Boom.

Today Diane Keaton remains one of Hollywood's most respected actresses, and of course a gay icon - not least for her part in First Wives' Club (needless to say, one of my favourites):


Diane Keaton on IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]