Monday 9 August 2010

I must say, I am amazed...



RIP the beauteous actress Patricia Neal - one-time wife of Roald Dahl and grandmother of Sophie, star of The Day the Earth Stood Still and Hud. She turned down the role of Mrs Robinson in The Graduate and played the original mother in the pilot for The Waltons, had an affair with Gary Cooper and remarkably survived a massive aneurysm [and that rather sensitive episode from her life was played out by Glenda Jackson and Dirk Bogarde in The Patricia Neal Story].



In the annals of history, there are many reasons to celebrate Miss Neal - not least for her role in Breakfast at Tiffany's, in which she played the inimitable Emily Eustace Failenson. And her famous line ("I am a very stylish girl") in that particular film was forever immortalised by Dimitri from Paris in this song - one of our enduring favourites here at Dolores Delargo Towers!


Patricia Neal - a career in clips - article from The Guardian

Patricia Neal on IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]