Saturday 12 March 2011

No shit, Sherlock!



"Some have labelled me a 'Gay Icon'. Well, no shit, Sherlock!"

Our ultimate Goddess Miss Liza Minnelli is 65 years old today, and the occasion has brought out all the old queens of American theatre to celebrate - this day has been declared Broadway Day in New York in her honour!

And they've even named a bus after her! [from ContactMusic]:
The Cabaret star stopped traffic in the Big Apple on Tuesday (08 March) as she was inducted into the city's Ride of Fame at a ribbon-cutting ceremony in Times Square, where she unveiled a double-decker bus bearing her photo and signature.

Tourism company Gray Line New York will now offer sight-seeing tours on the bright red, open-top Minnelli bus.

In conjunction with the bus dedication, Minnelli will be honoured for her professional and personal contributions to the city with her own special day.

David Chien of Gray Line New York says, "Liza Minnelli is New York, plain and simple. She embodies the attitude, talent, style and pizzazz of this great city and shows the rest of the world what real New Yorkers are made of."

And Minnelli is thrilled with her tribute, adding: "Welcome to New York, New York. If you made it here, you can make it anywhere. My beloved city welcomes you and yours. Get ready, here we go!"
Once again, we salute the most inspirational song-and-dance performer in history!

Happy Birthday Liza!


Liza Minnelli official website

3 comments:

  1. I was just about to post my own birthday blog when I saw this. I love Liza - she is absolutely one of a kind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SALUTE! and SPREAD THE NEWS...HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Liza but I think out of kindness I have to not see her live anymore ...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]