Sunday 21 August 2011

Every day should be a "Doris Day"!



I am currently listening to (an amazingly star-struck) Michael Ball interviewing (a very sprightly) Doris Day on his Radio 2 programme. [The programme will be on iPlayer for a week if you want to hear it]

Any excuse for a "Doris-fest"! The reason for the interview is of course her much-trumped new album...

From StereoBoard:
Eighty-seven-year-old legendary Hollywood singer Doris Day has become the oldest star in history to be playlisted on BBC Radio 2 with her new single Heaven Tonight, taken from her new album My Heart.

My Heart is Doris Day’s first studio album of new material in 17 years; a dozen songs of a timeless quality, with nine brand-new recordings produced by Day’s late son, Terry Melcher, plus a trio of Day classics.

Miss Day has been fully involved with the musical selections for this special release. Her son Terry Melcher – who was known as a songwriter and producer for folk-rock pioneers The Byrds and other artists – co-wrote four of the new songs with Beach Boys member Bruce Johnston.

Doris Day's forthcoming new album, My Heart, is released on Monday 5th September 2011.
Unfortunately every attempt to get an online copy of her new single to play for you has failed, but here is the album tracklist:

1. Hurry, It's Lovely Up Here
2. Daydream (originally by Lovin' Spoonful)
3. The Way I Dreamed It
4. Heaven Tonight
5. My One & Only Love
6. My Heart
7. You Are So Beautiful (originally by Joe Cocker)
8. Life Is Just A Bowl Of Cherries
9. Disney Girls (originally by Beach Boys)
10. My Buddy
11. Happy Endings
12. Ohio

While we wait, here's another Doris Day classic:


The new album is only available in the UK and Europe. Pre-order your copy today! [Preview clips are available.]

http://www.dorisday.com/

2 comments:

  1. How fab I cant wait to hear it

    The Doris Day/Andre Previn Duet album Is one of my all time fave records. I shall be listening to it while I await her new album

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should listen to the interview as well - she was lovely... Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]