Tuesday 23 August 2011

Jeannie and her fabulous balls



Happy 77th birthday today to Miss Barbara Jean Morehead, better known as Barbara Eden, star of 1960s classic series I Dream Of Jeannie.


Although it is her appearance as said genie for which we remember her most, among Miss Eden's other notable achievements she starred alongside Walter Pidgeon and Joan Fontaine in Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, with Tony Randall in the cult movie 7 Faces of Dr. Lao, in numerous US made-for-TV thrillers and mini-series, on stage as the star of Kander and Ebb's Woman Of The Year, and reunited with her Jeannie co-star Larry Hagman in Dallas in 1990 (and again on stage in the play Love Letters in 2006). She continues to make stage and singing appearances to this day.

Here she sings about big balls...




Not yet retired, and proudly bearing what appears to be a new head (thanks to fairly obvious amounts of plastic surgery), Miss Eden published her memoir Jeannie Out of the Bottle in April 2011.

Barbara Eden official website

2 comments:

  1. Used to love I Dream of Genie - they seemed to show that and Bewitched around tea-time - now we get Pointless … which I'm actually starting to love so ignore what I said ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always preferred Bewitched to Jeannie for two reasons - a) I can't stand Larry Hagman; and b) Agnes Moorhead as Endora (enough said!). As for TV now, I have no idea whatsoever as I don't watch it at teatime anymore... Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]