Sunday 4 December 2011

You are the one



It's Sunday, and we're off to an evening of Victorian Music Hall at one of our favourite venues Wilton's tonight, in aid of their restoration fund. I can't wait!

It's also the lovely Deanna Durbin's 90th birthday today - one of the last survivors from the "Golden Age" of Hollywood. I have (needless to say) blogged about Miss Durbin and her estimable vocal talents before, but in the true spirit of what we call "Sunday Music", here's a bit more...

I love Miss Durbin's version of the Cole Porter classic Night and Day:


Here she does sweet justice to Delibes' Les Filles de Cadiz, a song we adore:


And finally, who even knew there were lyrics to Carl Maria von Weber's Invitation to the Dance?


Many happy returns!

Deanna Durbin Showcase

1 comment:

  1. have fun - look forward to reading about it later in the week

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]