Thursday 19 January 2012

Backwoods Barbie



While looking forward to tonight's first Polari of 2012 (featuring James Maker, Rosie Wilby, Fidelis Morgan, Anthony McDonald and Rikki Beadle-Blair), we at Dolores Delargo Towers wish a big happy 66th birthday today to one of our favourite triumphs of art over nature Miss Dolly Parton - the outrageous bewigged and sequinned Diva of the West!

Eartha, Ethel, Shirley, Betty, Dolly - why is it that so many of our patron saints were born in January..?

I paid due deference to the original "Trashville, Tennessee" belle on her 65th last year with a few of her classics. This year, I thought I'd feature a couple of her more recent choons.

Here's a track from Dolly's recent album, the title track Together You and I:


And here's her hilarious self-pisstake Backwoods Barbie from 2009, which is crying out for a drag queen act, really...


Yee-Hah!!

Dolly Parton website

2 comments:

  1. Love the Dolly - x

    Loved Polari too - I will put the pictures somewhere over the weekend

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]