Thursday 10 May 2012

Hope



At last!

In a ground-breaking move, the incumbent President of the United States has come out... In favour of gay marriage!

Presiding over a country where 31 of his own states have anti-gay legislation in place - not least North Carolina, which has just introduced its own ban on both equal marriage and civil partnerships - and fighting a battle for the presidency this year, it is a bold move.

However, we can but hope that this statement of support for equality will help influence the wind of change for the benighted "Land of the Free" [sic], and hopefully give some encouragement to people who struggle against even more fascist homophobic regimes across the world (such as in Russia, Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East).

We can but hope...

Over at AllOut, there is a message of support for President Obama you can sign. I have.


A momentous day.

5 comments:

  1. A historic moment, I had 'tears of joy' yesterday! He knows how to rally his base. Now we have to re-elect him. We have a long way to go, but President Obama is doing the right thing.
    For the first time in my life I am so proud and fully support my president!
    Freedom For ALL! CHEERS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimmy Somerville is the cousin of one of Infomaniac's readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He lived not far from me (I used to see him quite a bit when he wasn't in New York). Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]