Friday 3 August 2012

Glitterati





John-John, little Tony and I had a lovely time at the book launch of Killer Heels by our friend Lauren Henderson (aka Rebecca Chance) last night. It was packed to the gunnels with the Polari-ite literary glitterati - Paul Burston, Helen Smith, DJ Connell (to whom I am grateful for the photos), former Corrie actress-turned-author Tracy Brabin and many more besides. No sign of Celia Imrie (who was supposed to appear) however.

The venue, the Century Club in swanky Shaftesbury Avenue in Soho, was a very smart affair indeed. So, as we hurtle headlong into another weekend, what else could I play today but... Chic?

Get your Elnett out, pull on your smartest chiffon number and best sling-backs, and - Everybody Dance!


Thank Disco It's Friday!

Rebecca Chance Killer Heels

6 comments:

  1. it was a lovely night - everyone I spoke to was lovely

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lovely night. I must say, you were looking absolutely gorge, John. DJx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear - it was a great evening! Jx

      Delete
  3. It was a fantastic evening, wasn't it? There were so many lovely people there and Rebecca looked gorgeous. Great photos - you looked wonderful, Jon. I was very impressed with the cufflinks, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone looked splendid - a lovely soirée. Jx

      PS one of the cufflinks broke, so I'll have to replace them. They lasted long enough to mark the occasion, though...

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]