Tuesday 21 August 2012

Queen of comedy abdicated



And so, farewell Phyllis Diller, who died yesterday aged 95.

An inspiration for generations of comedians...


"Aim high, and you won't shoot your foot off."

"There's a new medical crisis. Doctors are reporting that many men are having allergic reactions to latex condoms. They say they cause severe swelling. So what's the problem?"

"Burt Reynolds once asked me out. I was in his room."

"Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?"

"The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron."

"Tranquilizers work only if you follow the advice on the bottle - keep away from children."


Phyllis Diller (17th July 1917 – 20th August 2012)

Read my previous tribute to Miss Diller in 2010

2 comments:

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]