Wednesday 1 August 2012

The dearest things I know are what you are



A double whammy of sad news today - that master of the acerbic waspish put-downs, intelligent political analyst, cynic and author, one of my icons Gore Vidal is dead at 86.

I adored the man - and featured him here, here and here.

The world of entertainment has also suffered another sad loss, as the great crooner (former Mr Cyd Charisse and former Mr Alice Faye) Tony Martin has passed away, aged 98.

Two long-lived and exceptionally talented men, whose loss is massive.

Here is Mr Martin singing a most appropriate number for this sad occasion (and one of my favourite Jerome Kern/Oscar Hammerstein songs), All The Things You Are:


RIP.

Twice.

Tony Martin on Wikipedia

2 comments:

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]