Thursday 6 September 2012

And I feel like I need some more



The greatest of all the Disco Queens, Sylvester would have been 65 years old today.

We can only imagine how the former "Cockette", cross-dressing epitome of 70s disco-era hedonism would have progressed his career, had he lived.

Suffice to say, his You Make Me Feel Mighty Real remains one of the defining moments, not just of dance, but of musical history! And it sounds just as brilliant today as it did when it entered the UK Top Thirty, three decades ago this week...


"You mean I've been dancin' on the floor darlin'
And I feel like I need some more and I
Feel your body close to mine and I
Move on love it's about that time
Make me feel - mighty real
Make me feel - mighty real

You make me feel mighty real
You make me feel mighty real

When we get home darlin' and it's
Nice and dark and the music's in Vienna
Still your hot and you kiss me back and it
Feels real good and I know you love me
Like you should

Oh you make me feel mighty real
You make me feel mighty real

Make me feel - mighty real
Make me feel - mighty real
Make me feel - mighty real
Make me feel - mighty real

I feel real
I feel real,
I feel real
I feel real"


Sylvester is our latest "exhibit" in the Dolores Delargo Museum of Camp.

Sylvester biography at the Queer Cultural Centre

8 comments:

  1. Ohhh...the best! I was so lucky to see him LIVE with The Weather Girls in SF back in the day...! xoxoMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a fan, dammit, where is my fan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..and a turban! Don't forget the turban! Jx

      Delete
  3. the hood ornament of mankind's automobile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have to be a pink Cadillac... Jx

      Delete
  4. It dont get better than that.
    Fab then and fab now.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]