Monday 1 October 2012

Nova muziko

< Once again it is time for a burst of new or recent songs that have bubbled into my consciousness... Let's open proceedings with a truly fantabulosa song - the new (and much-lauded) single from the ever-lovely Kylie Minogue! The crowd went absolutely wild when she performed this with the BBC Concert Orchestra at Proms in the Park - it's the truly beautiful Flower. It is taken from The Abbey Road Sessions (preview here) which is out on 29th October:




And, if you are in the mood to take part in one of her videos (and you happen to use Twatter or Instagram, whatever that is, which I don't), here's Our Princess's message to her fans:
"We are so thrilled that fans all around the world are loving ‘Flower’ and Kylie’s directorial debut. We would love to put together a lyric video for everyone to enjoy.

To participate you need to post your images on twitter or Instagram accompanied by the hashtag #KylieFlower. If you would like to submit a video, no longer that 10 seconds, you can upload this to YouTube with the hashtag #KylieFlower.

The images and video can show the lyrics in any way – feel free to use your imagination! All images must be submitted by 9 October to be revealed on 25 October 2012."
So get miming!

On a much more dark and funky note, the latest collaboration by our Patron Saint of Oddballs, Miss Róisín Murphy is with Luca C and Brigante - Flash of Light. Needless to say, I love it!


Speaking of wonderful oddballs, the fierce ruling diva of dance Luciana is back! This time in collaboration with the Manufactured Superstars, here's a preview clip of her new one - Calling All The Lovers:


Another month, another Swedish electro-pop act (or so it seems)... This time it's the turn of Glorious Inc - who have added some throbbing basslines to an otherwise very Alcazar-esque choon, I Wanna Dance. The song may take a few more listens, but I just adore her shoes!


The song is absolute pap, but I couldn't resist featuring the new video for How to be a Heartbreaker by Marina and the Diamonds, for obvious reasons...


Rescuing the musical moment (if the video is somewhat bereft of man-flesh - instead we have some genuine Team GB gymnasts. Female. Damn.), it's a genuine club floor-filler by DJ Michael Woods and some woman who sounds spookily like the marvellous Nadia Ali of Iio, but is actually called Ester Dean:


I save the very best till last! Here's Wales' very own fantabulosa Bright Light Bright Light with his new uplifting handbag-house-trippy single Feel It, featuring the incredible tonsils of Broadway singer Mykal Kilgore (yes! It's a male diva!) and a tongue-in-cheek video featuring a surprise appearance by Scissor Sisters' Del Marquis - what more could you need? This is absolutely brilliant!


As ever, enjoy - and let me know what you think...

2 comments:

  1. First of all: kudos for trying to find some good music out there during these rather boring musical times (I must try and find the time to put up a fresh batch over at my Galaxy).

    I obviously love the Kylie song, and I am always up for some Roisin! I quite like the Michael Woods one, the Luciana track could turn out to be a treat and I love the one from Marina (I love both her albums). The rest doesn't do much for me, but yet again an interesting batch of music from different directions. As always, I look forward to the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hun! It has indeed been a very quiet summer for music - I guess the "Olympics/Jubilee factor" (which saw a rush towards older - and "safer" - music being predominant in the public consciousness) had an impact on new releases. However I do adore Kylie and Bright Light Bright Light, and this season usually brings a new batch of post-holiday dance anthems, so things may well start looking up... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]