Monday 19 November 2012

Enigma and operations



I am going into hospital this morning (in fact I will be there as you read this, having to attend theatre at 7am!!) for an operation to remove what is one of the most annoying signs of getting older, the dreaded varicose veins. It is day surgery, which means I should be out again (suitably drugged) later today. Ho hum. At least I get two weeks off work!

Anyhoo, surgery or no surgery, it is still a Tacky Music Monday. And who better to cheer everyone up but yesterday's birthday girl [as I have noted before, heaven only knows how old she really is] Miss Amanda Lear? - here in a most gob-smacking performance (on Italian TV, of course) of her classic Enigma (Give A Bit Of Mmmmmm To Me):


And just to prove she's still a force to be reckoned with, here, from earlier this year, is the simply faboo combination of Miss Lear, our very own Andy Bell (of Erasure) and the master-DJ Yiannis with a stomping mix of La Bête et La Belle...


Amanda Lear on Wikipedia

9 comments:

  1. Ouch! Hope it went OK and you make a quick recovery. See you soon after you're up and about, I hope. LOTS of daytime TV and lounging in silk pyjamas until then xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daytime TV? Oh heavens, the horror! I should check what old movies are on TCM I suppose... Jx

      Delete
  2. Will the NHS cover your support hose and Zimmer frame?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked for Girardi stockings and a sedan chair, but unfortunately it was the bus home and an elastic bandage. You get what you pay for... Jx

      Delete
  3. Good luck today! Speak soon. J-Jxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See you at Polari on Monday, but we'll speak before about what to wear for such a special occasion! Jx

      Delete
  4. Hope everything is fine after the operation and that you are back home, ready to indulge yourself in such fabulous things as Miss Lear!

    "Enigma" is one of my favorite songs of hers and I have always loved that particular TV performance. And of course I love her most recent stuff as well.

    Sending you some happy thoughts (and those silk pyjamas don't sound too shabby!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am currently listening to Miss Lear with a gin in my hand - the very best way to recuperate! Jx

      Delete
  5. Sounds a lot more like you then daytime TV, I must say.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]