Friday 14 December 2012

FreeCell and Birdsong



The never-ending saga of our internet connection continues, as I got home yesterday to find our service was down - again! So I spent an evening obsessively playing FreeCell like it was 1998.

Never mind, eh? The Virgin Media engineer was at the house when I left for work this morning so hopefully we'll be back to normal later [although judging by previous experience I am holding out no hope of this]. I am posting this in work, trying to avoid being overlooked by the bosses :-)

And so, we have the end of another week to celebrate - in a suitable glittery fashion, of course. And who more glittery than the Supremes? OK, this track I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking from 1976 is hardly one of their most familiar or most lauded - six years on from the departure of Miss Ross, and five years since their post-Diana chart success - but it captures the spirit of the girls' final lurex-clad, defiantly harmonic days as they succumbed to the excesses of the Disco era.

It is almost a tribute to Miss Cindy Birdsong, too, on the eve of her 72nd birthday. I say almost, for by this stage of the game the feuding between Miss Birdsong and Miss Wilson had reached such a nadir that although Miss Birdsong sings on this single - and on all the tracks on the High Energy album (her last as part of the group) - her replacement Susaye Greene appears on the album cover and in this video.

Enjoy the last dying embers of a legend...


...and Thank Disco It's Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]