Monday 10 June 2013

Like a bell that is ringing for me



Having already determined that today's "Tacky Music Monday" would be a tribute to birthday boy Frederick Loewe, here's another glittering diva - whose 91st birthday it would have been on this day - Miss Judy Garland, singing a medley of Lerner and Loewe's Almost Like Being In Love and Rodgers and Hart's This Can't Be Love:


She looks, and sounds, utterly fantastic in this clip. Miss Gumm was a sad loss indeed...

Judy Garland (born Frances Ethel Gumm, 10th June 1922 – 22nd June 1969)

[PS ...it takes my mind off the tooth - or absence thereof - that had to be extracted, rather than filled, today. Owww.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]