Wednesday 28 August 2013

Guilty pleasures of the Soul









Confession time. I have to admit that despite his perceived "naffness", I have always loved David Soul - who celebrates (gulp!) his 70th birthday today - for his classic 1970s music as much as groinage.

Guilty pleasures, I suppose, but these two alone are great songs...



Facts about Mr Soul:
  • He was the UK's best selling artist in 1977, and Starsky and Hutch was one of the most popular police drama series of the decade.
  • David has been married five times and has five sons and a daughter.
  • He starred (in French) with Anne Giraudau and Line Renaud in the television miniseries Les Filles du Lido in 1995.
  • As well as playing the original lead in Jerry Springer The Opera, he also starred in the West End revival of Mack and Mabel.
  • In September 2004, David became a UK citizen.
Happy birthday, David!

David Soul (born David Richard Solberg, 28th August 1943)

Read my tribute to Mr Soul on his 65th birthday.

2 comments:

  1. They made such a lovely couple in Starsky and Hutch. I never missed an episode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. !970s tight trousers were always a joy to watch! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]