Friday 30 August 2013

You know you’ve got only one chance



As the long, warm summer continues here in London, it is worth remembering this is nothing compared to summers past.

In this week thirty-seven years ago, the UK experienced a phenomenon - the first rain fell in almost four months! The Summer of '76 has indeed become a bit of a legend. The average temperature over the whole summer (June, July, August) was 64F (17.77C), and for 15 consecutive days from 23rd June to 7th July inclusive, temperatures reached 90F (32.2C). As a child, I loved it! We ate more ice cream than I ever had in my life.

Another person who must have loved it was a certain Miss Tina Charles, who was one of the best-selling artists (and certainly the most successful UK female artist) of that year - two hit albums, a Number 1 single (I Love To Love) and two Top Ten hits; one of which was this one...

So let's pull on our very best frilly midi-dresses, flick our locks and wiggle along with Tina - and Dance Little Lady, Dance... Thank Disco It's Friday!


Tina Charles on Wikipedia

5 comments:

  1. Aaaah, just what I needed after a very hard day at work and just before a very hard test!

    I have been buying Tina's old albums on vinyl but haven't gotten around to actually playing them yet. I do love this one...

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guessed you'd love Tina as much as I do... Have a fun weekend, and don't let the bastards grind you down! Jx

      Delete
  2. Thanks sweetie - I won't (*bring the drinks*)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]