Friday 25 October 2013

And it makes me so depressed to see the gloom



It is foul out there...

Autumn is unleashing one of the nastiest mornings we've had for a long time - but it is almost the weekend, regardless. And we know what that means - it's time to party! Indeed, we do have a glittering Goth-themed party tomorrow to look forward to (our friend John-John's birthday celebration).

So let's get our boogie shoes on, and sing along with his favourite Swedes, Abba - and the anthem of most queens "out there" Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight). Thank Disco It's Friday!


Half past twelve
And I'm watching the late show in my flat all alone
How I hate to spend the evening on my own
Autumn winds
Blowing outside the window as I look around the room
And it makes me so depressed to see the gloom

There's not a soul out there
No one to hear my prayer

Gimme gimme gimme a man after midnight
Won't somebody help me chase the shadows away
Gimme gimme gimme a man after midnight
Take me through the darkness to the break of the day

Movie stars
Find the end of the rainbow, with a fortune to win
It's so different from the world I'm living in
Tired of T.V.
I open the window and I gaze into the night
But there's nothing there to see, no one in sight

There's not a soul out there
No one to hear my prayer

Gimme gimme gimme a man after midnight
Won't somebody help me chase the shadows away
Gimme gimme gimme a man after midnight
Take me through the darkness to the break of the day


Have a great weekend, dear reader!

5 comments:

  1. You just know how quickly I reached for one of my "Hung Up" singles after this ;)

    Have a great weekend - I know I intend to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I wondered if it might get you into a Madge frame of mind. We will have a fun weekend, whatever the weather (the Met Office has given a warning of gusts of 60-80 mph overnight Sunday/Monday) - hope you do, too! Jx

      Delete
  2. It did indeed ;)

    I saw it on a news site over here that Britain is expecting one of the worst storms to hit the country since 1987. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweetie, I will avoid tall trees and cliff edges on my way to and from the pub, don't you worry! Jx

      Delete
  3. Please do - those damn cliff edges can be SO dangerous when one is stumbling out of the local pub...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]