Friday 28 February 2014

Such a rumour



Phew. A busy ol' week draws inevitably to its close, as does February... as does the excellence that was Camden and Islington LGBT History Month!

Last week, it was gay ancient Egypt and Victorian sexology. This week I have been enthralled by Kenneth Halliwell, Rachael Jones and Marlene Dietrich (more of that later, no doubt), and tonight we have the rip-roaring finale - the "Glamour Factory" Ball (featuring Lana Pillay, vintage fashion, a drag show, music, magic and performance art)!

To kick off the party in traditional fashion, we are overdue a dose of the late, great Donna Summer. We could also do with another jaw-dropping bit of "literal choreography" from Legs and Co.

So here they are together, in an unforgettable performance from 36 years ago this week, with Rumour Has It - Thank Disco It's Friday!


Have a great weekend!

Donna Summer official website

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, that video is way too perky for me - I am trying to get rid of a dreadful flu, hoping that my weekend won't be completely ruined. If I feel better tomorrow, I shall revisit the video and obviously try to emulate some of those, erm, moves...

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, bless - and there's me thinking that Legs and Co were the cure for the common cold! Keep warm, dear... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]