Saturday 1 March 2014

Nad ydych yn clywed dim eto



I'm having a bit of a late start, after the madness of the end-of-LGBT-History-Month "Glamour Factory" Ball last night.

However, we have double cause for celebration today...

This, ladies and germs, is my 3000th post on this multifarious, meandering miscellany of mischief that is Give 'em the old Razzle Dazzle!

Nobody - least of all I - would have imagined back in those distant days of MySpazz (when I began this blog, in 2007) that I would have carried on for this long...

Today is also Saint David's Day, the national day of we Welsh people - Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus!

So who else could I choose to lead these auspicious festivities but the greatest living Welshwoman, and our own Patron Saint here at Dolores Delargo Towers, Dame Shirley Bassey?


Here's to the next 3000 posts - You Ain't Heard Nothing Yet, indeed!

There were times when life seemed so empty to me
But things are changing, now I’m free as a bird
You ain’t heard nothing yet

There were times when I felt like running away
But that’s too easy, so now I’m here to stay
You ain’t heard nothing yet

If you think
I’ll never sing another song
Never shed another tear
Then wait, you could be wrong
If you think
I’ll never break another heart
This is now my brand new start
And I’ll prove you wrong
I’ve known it all along

There were times when I wished I’m somebody else
Someone who’d do better, now I don’t care
You ain’t heard nothing yet

All my life I’ve known that I wasn’t alone
Luck’s on my side
Baby I’ll carry on
You ain’t heard nothing yet

If you think
I’ll never sing another song
Never shed another tear
Then wait, you could be wrong
If you think
I’ll never break another heart
This is now my brand new start
And I’ll prove you wrong
I’ve known it all along

If you think
I’ll never sing another song
Never shed another tear
Then wait, you could be wrong
If you think
I’ll never break another heart
This is now my brand new start
And I’ll prove you wrong
I’ve known it all along

‘Cause baby
You ain’t heard nothing yet!


The Bassey Blog

PS Nad ydych yn clywed dim eto is "You ain’t heard nothing yet" in Welsh.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations and many happy returns on your 3000th post. Your blog, and you, are fabulous and a wonderful romp through culture high and low!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too, too kind, dear Sir - Cheers! Jx

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your 3000th! And yes, here's to the next 3000th - I will be here for the ride, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are indeed my most regular visitor, and for that I am very grateful - Cheers! Jx

      PS That's virtual champagne...

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]