Friday 7 March 2014

Ride, ride, ride, ride



That was another tedious week (in spite of the fab Simon Callow: Being Shakespeare), and I am more relieved than normal it is over. We are in "consultation" (again!) about restructure/redundancies, I have been slogging away on another correspondence course for a professional qualification, and, in addition to that the day job has been just bleurrrgh...

"Thank Disco It's Friday" never seemed so appropriate - especially when it's in the company of yesterday's birthday girl Mary Wilson (70 years old!), the 1976 incarnation of The Supremes, a shitload of hairspray, chiffon and sequins, and their neglected funky classic (and one of Madam Arcati's favourites!) You're My Driving Wheel!


You're my driving wheel
Feels good, baby
You take me farther, ooh
Than I've been before
Ride, ride, ride, ride

You're my driving wheel
Feels so good , baby
Just one touch, ow, ooh
Opens up my door

You're the engine that keeps me running
You're the motor that keeps me coming
To the road that keeps on winding
Coming to the love, I keep on finding

Every time you touch me
Starts my motor running
I like the way you keep it humming
Keeps my motor running
I like the way you keep it humming

Hey, you're my driving wheel
You better believe it, baby
You take me farther, whoo
Than I've been before
Than I've been before, yeah

You're my driving wheel
My driving wheel, baby
Just one touch, ow
Opens up my door
Opens up my door

Ain't a road in life I can't travel
As long as I know you're there
Ain't no map, I can't unravel
As long as I know you care

Every time you touch me
Starts my motor running
I like the way you keep it humming
Keeps my motor running
I like the way you keep me humming, oh

You're my driving wheel
I can't hear ya now
You take me farther
Than I've been before
Than I've been before


Hope you have a great weekend - it's going to be sunny here, and I can't wait to get out in it!

Mary Wilson

6 comments:

  1. My dear Diana turns 70 this spring - I am trying hard to prepare...

    Have a wonderful weekend - I am still feeling a bit sick from the flu, but I intend to have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That flu's been going on a while... The whisky didn't work? Try gin! Jx

      PS Can't imagine how Miss Ross is going to react when she gets her AARP membership card from Betty White.

      Delete
  2. excessive budget video, huh?

    (i met mary once, she was extraordinarily beautiful)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No expense was spared on the choreography, that's for sure! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend of mine recently got out her glue gun and made the most fabulous/tacky shoes. I've asked her to do a wall for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can she come over to London and do a jacket for me? :-)
      Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]