Monday 17 March 2014

Totty of the Day













"Directors are not worried about casting beautiful women, but they are not sure that they want to cast great-looking men. My looks have prevented people from seeing my work."

“The best part is not the biggest, it's the one that's most memorable.”

"So I came to the realisation: Nothing in life is unfair. It's just life.”

"I have been looking forward to this age of my life for a long time. In my twenties, I marked the days on the calendar - I was sick of playing high-school kids."

"You can't build a life on a backstage pass or free swag at Sundance.”


Rob Lowe is fifty years old today. Lordy!

And yes, I would...

Robert Hepler Lowe (born 17th March 1964)

5 comments:

  1. Good god! Well, happy 50th!

    BTW: he has just revealed in "Love Life" (the sequel to his best-selling 2011 memoir, “Stories I Only Tell My Friends") that Madonna would actually, not!

    This is what she says about meeting Madonna after a show in Los Angeles in 1984.

    She was cute and she was young and she was single, and so I sat front-row … she was a revelation.

    Madonna would like to see you backstage, a security guard said as the house lights came up.
    She had flawless skin and eyes that imparted secrets… she asked what movie I was working on and so I told her a little about ‘St. Elmo’s Fire,’ which I had just finished. ‘I play the bad boy,’ I said. Madonna just smiled. She seemed to like that.

    Months later, they made a date to meet up at the Palladium, “a giant dance club that was filled with rabid ‘boy-toy’ doppelganger fans of both sexes. It was a madhouse…”

    Madonna and I were discussing where we would sneak off to at the end of the evening when she suddenly jumped up and said, ‘Let’s dance!’… ’I'll wait here,’ I said.
    ‘Suit yourself,’ she replied as she waded beyond the velvet rope into the fray.

    And that was the end of that. But my question is: why does Rob Lowe need to write TWO memoirs? I guess he heard how Jordan has been trying to make her money these days... Surely, the must be whole chapters dealing with his highly publicized sex scandal back in the 80s...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'll teach him not to dance... Jx

      PS I didn't even know the man could write, let alone two books.

      Delete
  2. he's all yours darling,
    i wouldn't go near it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And he always had such nice things to say about you, Norma! Jx

      Delete
  3. Pretty gets prettier??? It just ain't fair, I tell ya.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]