Wednesday, 7 May 2014

I can't get off my high horse



Timeslip moment again - and it's a corker!

An under-rated diva of our age had her greatest (and biggest selling solo) hit this week in 1984.

Thirty years ago, queens like us were all doing the arm-movements while miming along to this one (and some of us still do) - it's Jocelyn Brown and Somebody Else's Guy!



I-I-I-I.....can´t get off my high horse
And I can´t let you go
You are the one who
You are the one who makes me feel
So real
Yeah yeah yeah
Oh! What am I supposed to do
Oh! What am I supposed to do baby
When I'm so hooked up on you
Then I realise
Oh I realise
That you are somebody else´s guy

Oh yeah
Why you wanna do this to me boy?

Can you remember the times we spent together
Sharing our days in the sun
Then I found out that you were somebody else´s
lover
After all the plans we made, now were shattered

Still I can´t get off my high horse
I can´t let go
You are the one who makes me feel so real
Ooh what am I supposed to do
When I'm hooked so on you
Then I realise that you´re somebody else´s guy

That day in September, I'm sure you can remember
That´s when all the stuff hit the fan
You told me a lie and you didn't have an alibi
But baby yet I still cared

You know I loved you so baby that I can´t let go
no, no
You are the one who makes me feel so real
Ooh what am I supposed to do
When I'm hooked so on you
And realise you´re somebody else´s guy

You know I loved you so baby that I can´t let go
You are the one who makes me feel so real
Ooh what am I supposed to do
When I'm so hooked on you
And then I realise that you´re somebody else´s guy


Phew!

Jocelyn Brown official website

4 comments:

  1. I must admit that I have no recollection of this song... It's obviously not bad though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh. I always thought of it as a "standard" that everyone was familiar with. But then again, I do tend to "collect" OTT divas... :-)
      Jx

      Delete
  2. I had It on my walkman last month. Fab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can picture you doing all the arm movements on the night bus... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!