Sunday 16 November 2014

Oss-en-fay with sha fafa on the side



It is Sunday, it's been a hectic couple of days (drinks till 3am after Peter Tatchell's talk on Friday and a day with Mother yesterday) and I am in the mood for something a bit jazzy and laid-back...

What better than today's birthday girl - she's 50 today - Mrs Elvis Costello herself, Diana Krall with her version of a Nat King Cole novelty classic?


I don't want french fried potatoes, red ripe tomatoes
I'm never satisfied
I want the frim fram sauce
With oss-en-fay with sha fafa on the side

I don't want pork chops and bacon
That won't awaken, my appetite inside
I want the frim fram sauce
With oss-en-fay with sha fafa on the side

Well you know a girl
She really got to eat
And a girl she should eat right
Five will get you ten
I'm going to feed myself right tonight

I don't want fish cakes and rye bread
You heard what I said
Waiter please, I want mine fried
I want the frim fram sauce
With oss-en-fay with sha fafa on the side


I have always had a bit of a "love-hate" relationship with the saintly Diana, but that was just about right.

Diana Jean Krall, OC, OBC (born 16th November 1964)

2 comments:

  1. Miss Krall is to me the female Michael Buble - I like some of her stuff, when I'm in a certain kind of mood (I much prefer her over Mr Buble). Her The Look Of Love and Christmas Songs albums are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the combination of Miss Krall (or Mr Bubbles) and Xmas songs would be enough to make me homicidal... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]