Friday 5 December 2014

What my body needs is Close Encounter three



It's almost the end of another grim week in work, dear reader (although I did have some good news, qualifications-wise, about having reached the next level of "skill" in the dry-as-dust subject that keeps me gainfully employed).

We have a superior substitute for a seasonal panto to look forward to tonight - Mrs Hudson's Corker at the exquisite Wilton's Music Hall - but in the meantime, let's get the party started by squeezing into some skintight silver lurex outfits, and adding a healthy dollop of sleaze...

Entering the UK Top Ten this very week back in 1979, it's the self-proclaimed "diva" Miss Sara Brightman with Hot Gossip and their timeless kitsch classic I Lost My Heart To A Starship Trooper.

Thank Disco It's Friday!



Hot Gossip on Wikipedia

6 comments:

  1. I'd like to see ABBA on stage with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either Agnetha or Frida could our-sing Miss Brightman hands-down, and I guess they could cavort in lurex just as easily... Jx

      Delete
  2. I associate this song with the funeral scene in Queer as Folk.

    Russell T Davies is a genius.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Davies is indeed a genius of camp with a capital "C"! Jx

      Delete
  3. He's one of my TV heroes just for getting Doctor Who back on.

    He's got two plays next year on Channel 4, Cucumber and Banana. I hope I get round to watching them, though it's not that likely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that was a major achievement, but it is for "Queer as Folk" I love him the most. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]