Friday 6 March 2015

Who wears satin tights, anyway?



This weekend sees a series of events at London's glittering Southbank and across the country (and the world) to mark International Women's Day.

Not to be left out, and in celebration of the fact it's the end of the week - and party time! - here's (what else) the ineffably corny theme for that 70s fave Wonder Woman... Thank Disco It's Friday!


I spent a lot of wasted time in 1975 spinning around, but never got those satin tights (fighting for our rights).

Have a good weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. So much to love. Love Chris March, love this version of the theme song, love Wonder Woman and Love Lynda Carter. Currently working my way through season one. The best season. Incidentally I met Lynda once at a department store I was working in outside of Washington D.C. She's a size 14. Not a heavy girl, she's just huge. True Amazon. Happy Women's Day and enjoy your Disco weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apart from Chris March (who I never heard of, but assume is the fat drag queen), I can say "snap"! to all the "loves". And as for Miss Carter's stature, in the words of a Patron Saint (Bea Arthur): "Look, I'm 5-feet-9, I have a deep voice and I have a way with a line. What can I do about it? I can't stay home waiting for something different. I think it's a total waste of energy worrying about typecasting." Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]