Wednesday 13 May 2015

We only live once



The sunshine is dazzling this morning. It is my last day in the office for 12 days, and we're off to the delights of Sitges in Spain tomorrow.

I am ecstatic (or certainly will be this evening when I hopefully manage to get out of work early enough to enjoy a celebratory drinkie in the extensive gardens here at Dolores Delargo Towers)!

Contributing to our "countdown" to Spain (and tying in rather neatly with our annual Eurovision party that takes place a few days after we hit British soil next week), I think it's appropriate that we should feature the rather fab Azucar Moreno - whose remarkable performance at the Song Contest in 1990 remains one of my favourites - and a cheery song I have only just discovered by them:


[Solo Se Vive Una Vez = "You Only Live Once" in Spanish, apparently]

Disfrutar..!

2 comments:

  1. Sitges! We adored our too-short season there a few years ago. Gorgeous scenery (natural and human, if you choose your beach right), and heavenly food (all too often, 'tis true, at prices of similar altitude, but one is on vacation, after all). Have a sangria for us stay-at-homes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are looking forward to it loads - although we will be somewhat wary of the prices, being so very used to the cheap'n'cheerful Costa del Sol...

      ¡Salud!

      Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]