Monday 28 August 2017

He's gotta be fresh from the fight



Today is the centenary of that most amazingly imaginative graphic artist Jack Kirby, creator of The Fantastic Four, Dr Doom, The Incredible Hulk, The Mighty Thor, Loki, The Uncanny X-Men, Magneto, Iron Man, The Inhumans, Ant-Man and the Wasp, The Avengers, Captain America and the Black Panther, and many many more superheroes of the golden age of Marvel comics [of which I was a huge fan when I was a kid, and, truth be told, still am - although less so the movie versions]...

..it also happens to be the "last knockings" of another Tacky Music Monday [needless to say, on this Bank Holiday, almost entirely spent in the garden from arising this morning(ish), through the beautiful sunshine and sunset, till the cool of the night], and I have just the thing for Mr Kirby's birthday - how about an "oom-pah" band version of Dear Bonnie's most "heroic" masterpiece, for your delectation...?


Love it!

2 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you're a Jack Kirby fan. Wonderful artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was a wee lad, my Saturday treat was The Mighty World of Marvel - and it was the staggering complexity and scale of the art of Mr Kirby (and also the bewildering psychedelia of Steve Ditko) that hooked me completely and utterly. Comics ain't what they used to be... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]