Monday 18 September 2017

Stealing people's mail



Sometimes it does seem like technology conspires against us...

After all the debacle with the blackmailing thieves of Photobucket laying waste to our blogs - see here and here - a new problem recently raised its ugly head in the equally sinister world of Microsoft. On the weekend Madam Arcati found he had not received any emails at all since at least midweek, which we reported to the geeks at the place laughingly called "the Outlook.com help desk" (who basically repeat the usual mantra of "clear your cookies", "check your Junk Mail folder" etc, etc) - then today found he could not send any emails either. I got home, and found the latter had happened to me...

Then I read the news headlines:
"We've identified that a subset of infrastructure was unable to process requests as expected, which caused general service availability to drop unexpectedly" Apparently.

"We've redirected requests to alternate infrastructure to restore service, and we're monitoring the environment while connectivity recovers." Whatever that means.

"Additionally, we're investigating an issue in which users are unable to send email messages."
So we weren't being "victimised" after all. I need not have spent days fruitlessly tweaking the computer, the browser settings and all that...

Pah.

At least Blogger is still "up" so I can have a rant...

4 comments:

  1. Photobucket can bite my balls. I have little time to go back throu post where I need to do fixes....let alone remember all the posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have "fixed" hundreds of blogs in the last few months by directly uploading pictures to my blogs rather than pasting the embed code - but he process continues, as you might imagine with ten years of my past ramblings to wade through. I may be finished this time next year. Jx

      I could think of better people to bite your balls than the geeks of Photobucket...

      Delete
  2. We will never give in to black mail and bullying.
    Photo Bucket is evil - Good riddance to them and I hope they go bust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine even Rupert Murdoch's sold his "controlling shares" in Photobucket by now... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]