Sunday 4 November 2018

Might be over now, but I feel it still


Two very happy fuchsias - Viva Ireland (foreground) and Bella Lydia .

Remarkably, the weather has again surprised us on a weekend. Just as everything was feeling gloomy and dank (which is customary, as Bonfire Night nears) with cuttingly chilly winds and a distinctly wintry air, so today the wind dropped, and it was almost balmy in the extensive gardens here at Dolores Delargo Towers. [Would ya believe, I actually found greenfly massed on the stems of some of our plants? In November!]

Methinks I should share some recent hits of a jolly nature that have caught my ear, to suit the mood...




Faboo!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely fuchsias! I have seen them in stores here, but am loathe to try them. (I used to have some lovely ones, years ago;different climate, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most varieties are from tropical jungle conditions in South and Central America, so I am sure there will be a couple that will be fine in your neck of the woods, my dear... Jx

      Delete
  2. I love the Take That song!!! Put me in a jolly mood. We ourselves had a lovely weekend...and already dredging the Monday Morning thing already. But Tuesday Im off for elections. If it turns darker and bad...make room for baby tootes, at the Towers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're coming to stay, dear, I'm pinning a warning sign on all the trees up and down our street: "Keep your husbands indoors!"...

      Jx

      Delete
  3. Fab vids
    Fab Fuchsias
    The October issue of the garden blog should be published today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the music, dear - and yes, I loved the blog post! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]