Sunday 11 November 2018

The best years of our lives - the hope of it survives



Three birthdays of note today - and an excuse (as if I ever I needed such a reason) to play some retro music from the 80s and early 90s.

First up, Mr Derry Brownson of the band whose full name was "Epsom Mad Funkers" (which was apparently the name of a New Order fan club):


Next, Mr Andy Partridge, lead vocalist and guitarist in XTC (which I don't think is an acronym of anything):


And, finally, Ian Craig Marsh, founder member of both the Human League and Heaven 17 (both band names taken from sci-fi/futuristic novels, of course)...


Ah, memories...

2 comments:

  1. The fare meter in that taxi was in Shillings and pence - Just how long have Heaven 17 been around for, exactly?!?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]