Friday 7 December 2018

This is the moment I've been waiting for


This is NOT the look I'll be going for this weekend.

And so another week crawls tediously to its close... The weather has been up and down like a whore's drawers again (pissing down this morning, clear blue skies and sunshine as lunchtime approached, then more chilly rain, and so on), and it shows no signs of settling into any kind of pattern other than miserable.

However, I do have a party to look forward to tomorrow - the 50th birthday of our friend Piers, at the luxurious Rivoli Ballroom in Sarf London, no less! What better way to get the festivities started than in the company of the effervescent Mr Dan Hartman (whose birthday it would have been tomorrow; RIP)?


This is it, this is the moment I've been waiting for
Hold me even tighter, I need your loving more
You're the one I adore, you more than satisfy, oh oh oh

This is it, this is the time and the place for love
Ooh we got this fast to a heaven above?
Ooh leave your troubles behind - love is yours and mine

This is my destiny, that you're so right for me
And then I give to you a feeling so true, when you're here next to me
Ooh, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I, ooh I do
And you know all the while, it's making me smile
Before you returned, I know why I yearned

This is it, this is the top of the world for me
Oh, we get to act out our fantasy
Make it reality – and fly it to the Moon
And love will play the tune

Ah, this is it, this is it, this is love, love, love
Ah, this is it, this is it, this is love, love, love
Oh, this is it, this is it, this is love, love, love


Love, love, love that song!

Have a great weekend, dear reader...

2 comments:

  1. Love the way the dancing 'Girls' at the top fit the music.
    Fabulously Camp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, dear? Camp, dear? How very daaare you. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]