Sunday 31 August 2008

Farewell to a unique talent



Writer, producer and performer Geoffrey Perkins was killed in a road accident on Friday night.

Perhaps we too often neglect the "men behind the scenes", but Geoffrey's list of credits in the world of TV and radio comedy is simply quite staggering. He was not only responsible for the mega-successful Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue on BBC Radio, but he brought to our screens (among others) Spitting Image, Robbie Coltrane, Harry Enfield, Catherine Tate, The Fast Show, Game On, My Family, Benidorm and Father Ted.

Over the years he worked closely with co-writers Ben Elton, Harry Enfield and Angus Deayton, and starred with the latter in Radio Active and its on-screen follow-up KYTV.


He made a brilliant contribution to some of the best comedies ever made. Such a sad loss...

Article in the Telegraph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]