Friday, 21 August 2026

You can't escape the groove

I'm still on holiday, dear reader, so - apart from the fact that the clock is ticking towards the inevitable conclusion of a fortnight of hedonism - I couldn't give a fuck that the weekend is looming, tbh.

However, to get into the usual routine, there is indeed a whole raft of birthdays of notable people today, including the much-missed Princess Margaret, Dame Janet Baker [still with us, thankfully, aged 93], Joe Strummer, Christopher Robin (Milne), Jackie DeShannon, Usain Bolt [40 today], Aubrey Beardsley, Count Basie, King William IV, Friz Freleng, Kenny Rogers, Budgie of Siouxsie and the Banshees, Donald Dewar, Lili Boulanger, Kelis, Cliff Adams, Barry Norman, Jack Weston, Clarence Williams III, Kim Cattrall, Kim Sledge of Sister Sledge, gangster Bugs Moran, King Mohammed VI of Morocco, Liam Howlett of The Prodigy, Dina Carroll, the world's oldest verified living person Ethel Caterham [of Hampshire, UK]...

...and the delightfully tight-trousered Patrick Juvet!

Without further ado, let's play his timeless, most memorable hit, shall we?

Thank Disco It's Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]