Saturday 19 December 2009

"How bravely they dance..."

On this sunny (but freezing) Saturday, I thought I'd post a wonderful clip from a little-known comedy film that was released at the end of the "Swinging Sixties".

Despite its magnificent all-star cast, the anarchic The Happy Christian remains obscure and forgotten. Indeed, I had never heard of it until recently - even though it was co-written by (and starred) Peter Sellers, John Cleese and Graham Chapman, with guest star roles going to Ringo Starr, Racquel Welch, Roman Polanski, Wilfrid Hyde-White, Richard Attenborough, Christopher Lee, Spike Milligan and Laurence Harvey!

There were many other stars of the time who appeared in cameo roles, including this one. See if you can guess who this alluring drag queen is...


The Magic Christian on IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]