Thursday 17 February 2011

Boogie with a suitcase, you're living in a disco



Ah, time for another Pick of the Pops, methinks!

Here's another selection of recent discoveries that have piqued my interest...

First, yet another remix (but a rather good one) of the marvellous Loleatta Holloway by a certain HiFi Sean:

Loleatta Holloway vs Noferini - Stand Up (Hifi Sean Gospel Bootleg) radio edit by Hifi Sean

An inevitable DJ concoction that mixes two top choons (Madonna Vogue vs Duck Sauce Barbra Streisand):


A remarkable discovery - Christina Aguilera can actually sing without wibbling! From the new film Burlesque, in which she stars alongside the almighty Cher, Miss Trembling-Tonsils does a passable version of Mae West's A Guy What Takes His Time:


And a selection from the playlist at Dolores Delargo Towers wouldn't be complete without a couple of oddities (both courtesy of the lovely Henry over at MySpazz incidentally). Here's a catchy number from a cute French boy who goes by the name of Stromae - Alors On Danse:


And finally, Denmark's latest answer to Cheryl Cole, Electric Lady Lab, with a remarkably dramatic mix and mash-up with a 90s classic from Snap!; it's You & Me:


Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I downloaded the Cher track Welcome to Burlesque - its great, and I can imagine it being used on Strictly for a particularly steamy Tango x

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could bring myself to watch this movie I am sure there will be some fab musical moments - but I fear this is indeed the "Showgirls" of this decade... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. haven't seen the film and I'm in no hurry to either - I have the Cher song on my phone can be chavvy and play it tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I couldnt bring myself to see it in the cinema because of that dreadful dirrrty girl. But I have the soundtrack, and I will buy the DVD (all because of Cher, of course!)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]