Wednesday 5 September 2018

I'm all designed up, I've got my lipstick on... and I am ready to rock



From today's Guardian:
When Anna Wintour arrived in the editor’s chair at American Vogue in 1988, Ronald Reagan was US president. The White House has seen five further incumbents since then; Wintour, by contrast, has not budged an inch.When the curtain goes up on New York fashion week later this week she will be watchful and inscrutable behind the ever-present sunglasses, the waxed Cadillac curves of her power bob ensuring she can be seen from every seat in the house.

Wintour’s three-decade reign in the front row has seen fashion’s place in popular culture expand from a niche, mostly female interest – an updated version of embroidery, if you like – into a pop culture channel that the whole world is watching.
She's certainly an icon. If not actually "God".

To celebrate her thirty-year milestone, this:


...this:


...this:


...and, of course, this:


"Would you like a bit of Bolly, sweetie?"
"Just a smidge..."

2 comments:

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]