Thursday 27 September 2018

It's such a crazy world you'll see


The Beluga whale spotted in the Thames has changed course after finding out the price of a London pint.

The majestic creature, which had planned to check out Madame Tussaud’s and perhaps the Tate Modern, has drawn the line at paying more than seven quid for a drink.

It said: “Bloody hell, almost eight pounds for a pint? I don’t care if it is craft beer. How good can beer be?

“And crisps are nearly two quid.”


The disappointed mammal said that the excursion had also been marred by the appearance of a persistent seagull that only wanted to discuss Brexit.

The whale added: “I had to shoot a load of water out of my blowhole just to get him to shut up.”

The creature is now heading back to open water, where the daily battle for survival is still more relaxing than time in the UK capital.
The Daily Mash

Of course.

Now, let it never be said that I would ever make a [totally bizarre] comparison between the Thames Beluga whale and Mr William "Frank Cannon" Conrad [who would have been 98 years old today], but... hell, why not? Here is the great man himself, singing a Johnny Mercer and Henry Mancini classic - in German...


No comment.

4 comments:

  1. I wonder where that Beluga keeps his money?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the pocket of that velvet dinner jacket, I expect. Jx

      Delete
  2. A singing whale how cute.
    Schöne Stimme schönes Lied

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]