Saturday 12 May 2012

I should be glad to be so inclined



Today would have been the 70th birthday of the incomparable Mr Ian Dury!

One of the most loved artists of the "post-punk" era, his pithy lyrics and slightly effete yet "in-yer-face" defiance are still among the memories that sum up the late 70s perfectly. Read my previous tribute to him on the tenth anniversary of his sad death.

In memory of the great man, let us just wallow in his musical genius. Here's the ultimate Ian Dury and the Blockheads classic:


Another masterwork:


And this, which is very apt for the loss of such a master of his art:


Ian Dury and the Blockheads official site

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]