Friday 25 November 2016

I wanna know, I wanna know



Darlings, there's another weekend looming - and we have the ninth birthday of Polari gay literary salon to look forward to tonight, a dry-if-cold few days ahead, and best of all, no work!

What better way to start the party atmosphere than with a number that is guaranteed to get yer hips shaking? As I said about this very song three years ago:
It has horns, it has synthesizers, it has an opening riff so intensely catchy it was used again for another dance classic (Theme From S-Express by S-Express). It has a girl called Dickey. It has acres of tight, primary-coloured satin, afros and sparkles. It's utterly fantabulosa.
It's Rose Royce - so Thank Disco It's Friday!


Sometimes you get a thing for me and you want my company, yes, you do, baby
So I drive for miles to be where you are
I know each time I go I give a little of me away, each time, baby
Just tell me am I the fool who came to town, am I, baby

Is it love you're after
Or just a good time, tell me, baby
Is it love, love, love you're after
Or just a good time

I don't need a thrill to make me feel what I already am, pretty woman, baby
I just want something real when it all goes down, yeah, yeah
Can I believe, put my trust in this love I have found, can I, honey
Or do I have to ride the merry-go-round, do I, baby

Is it love you're after
Or just a good time, tell me, baby
Is it love, love, love you're after
Or just a good time

I wanna know, I wanna know
I've got to know, I've got to know
I wanna know, I wanna know
I've got to know, I've got to know!


But did she ever find out? That is the question...

Have a great weekend, dear reader!

2 comments:

  1. I feel a Disco Weekend coming on!

    * preps Ministry of Sound Disco Anthems CDs *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get your sparkliest hot-pants on, and boogie on down! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]