RIP Colonel Abrams (25th May 1949 - 24th November 2016).
Yet another memory of the 80s gone too soon. We all loved this one:
- Colonel was in fact his real name.
- Early in his career he founded the band 94 East, which briefly featured Prince on guitar.
- His 1980s hits were masterminded by legendary British producer Richard James Burgess - who launched Spandau Ballet to stardom, and who sang lead vocals on Landscape's Einstein A Go-Go.
- Despite Trapped getting to #3 in the UK and having considerable success on the dance circuit, Mr Abrams never had a chart hit in his home country the USA.
- Sadly, last year it was reported that he was living homeless in New York, and a crowdfunding campaign was launched to purchase his much-needed diabetes medicine.