Monday 7 November 2016

Lord, what a dream I had, oh whee!



Monday again.

After a fab but rather hectic weekend (planting out wallflowers on Saturday; yesterday all day filming for another promo video for LGBT History Month - see the last one), I don't feel like I have had any rest at all.

Hey ho. Back to reality, to the ever-exciting office, to the never-ending Brexit blather, and to the final death-throes of the interminable US election...

On this Tacky Music Monday, how about a little bit of the lovely Marion Montgomery to ease our woes? In her baby-doll-clad Scopitone-tinged world - it was all Just a Dream:


I dreamed I starred in pictures,
I starred on TV too
I dreamed I made so much money
I did not know what to do

But it was a dream,
Lord, what a dream I had on my mind
Oh, when I woke up this mornin',
Not a penny could I find

I dreamed I was in the White House,
Sittin' in the President's chair;
I dreamed he's shakin' my hand and sayin',
"Marian, we are glad you are here!"

But it was a dream,
Lord, what a dream I had, oh whee!
'Cause when I woke up this mornin',
There was no-one here but me

I say I dreamed Louella loved me,
And Walter Winchell too
They wrote down in their columns,
"Honey, no-one is better than you!".

But it was just a dream,
just one of those things
And when I woke up this mornin',
Their columns said, "Some lady sings"

I dreamed nobody loved me,
I dreamed nobody cared,
I dreamed that I was all alone;
Believe me, I was scared

But it was just a dream,
I am so glad you're in this world
'Cause when I woke up this mornin',
I knew I was a lucky, lucky, lucky girl
I knew I was a lucky lucky girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]