Saturday 6 May 2017

Les Jardins de - erm - Enfield


Our "Head Gardener" here at Dolores Delargo Towers. We wish.

Another weekend, another shopping trip to the vast horticultural wonderland that is The Gardening Club in Crews Hill, Enfield in North London - this time in the company of our Essex chums Baby Steve and Houseboy Alex...

Once again, we came back with a shedload of lovely ornamentals to adorn our crevices, and next-to-nothing spent!

How about some - ahem - appropriate music to suit the floral mood?

Crews Hill and Monaco may be a million miles apart, but with one week left to go before the kitsch extravaganza that is the Eurovision Song Contest - and, of course the "cultural highlight" of the season here at the Towers: our Eurovision party! - what better than a pair of wooden Monégasque performers, singing some twiddly-dee number about their jardin?


Très ringard!

8 comments:

  1. Well, I hope the gardening is going quite well. And that hot toddy Eddie!!! A favorite of mine. You should have seen him in Living Out Loud. He was filling out a pair of Calvin's VERY NICELY giving Holly Hunter a massage.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I recognised him - Eddie Cibrian. I've only seen him in Ugly Betty but, WOW!, what a first impression! And now he's taking his huge, throbbing machine to your bush, Jon? Colour me green.

      Delete
    2. After a hot day ploughing and hoeing... Jx

      Delete
  2. Flash hedge-trimmer that fellow's carrying.It's remarkably clean and shiny...
    My neighbour has one and two minutes into his shrubbery it's filthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These things happen when you have an unkempt bush. Jx

      Delete
  3. Oh, gods... I don't remember how I got here. Like a moth to a flame...


    Did you say something about sunshine, Divas and poor Robert Miles?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]