Friday 26 May 2017

I Like It, uh-huh, uh-huh


Britain enjoyed a full minute of optimum sunshine this morning before everyone started moaning about the heat.

The moment happened when everyone was either commuting or already in work, giving nobody opportunity to actually savour it before being stuck inside for a long, sweaty day.

Marketing executive Tom Logan said: “Sunshine’s great in theory. But when it’s nippy getting into work then a slow-roasted hell by lunchtime, I have to question the point.

“It’s basically treason if you’re British and don’t spend every single available second outside when the temperature exceeds 20 degrees, but I’m sweating cobs and my sandwich tastes of suncream.

“It’ll be baking when I finish work. It’ll be stifling when I go to bed tonight. And tomorrow’s Saturday, so it’ll be raining.”


The only people able to enjoy the balmy minute were old men on their way to buy a newspaper and schoolchildren playing truant.

72-year-old Norman Steele said: “Ah, wonderful to be out here with the rays playing gently on the sun-dappled pavements.

“Oh, minute’s over. Now it’s too hot.”
The Daily Mash

Of course.

Some of us Brits adore the sunshine, however...

...and we also adore The Sunshine Band!


It's a Bank Holiday weekend, too - so it's goodbye to the office till Tuesday. Yay!

Thank Disco It's Friday!

4 comments:

  1. I'm away seaside for a couple day, what with the long holiday. We will be lucky if I don't just drape myself in the Americana flag for five days.

    Cheers dear
    🍸 🥂🍸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now it catches the gleam of the morning’s first beam,
      In full glory reflected now shines in the stream


      Indeed. Jx

      Delete
  2. I popped out at lunch time and have never seen so many shades of pink in one place before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've stood at a public urinal before, as well. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]